Richie Brace® AFOs are well suited for the following conditions:
- Adult acquired flat foot secondary to posterior tibial tendon dysfunction
- Lateral ankle instability
- Degenerative joint diease of the ankle or rearfoot
- Peroneal tendinopathy
- Drop foot
All Richie Brace® products must be fitted and dispensed by a qualified health care provider. At Atlas Podiatry our Podiatrists are trained to effectively prescribe and fit Richie Brace® for the best fit and results.
The Richie AeroSpring Brace System®
Walking boot is commonly prescribed for lower limb injuries to limit motion and offload the damaging forces on injured structures. Many who wear walking boots complaint of pain at the knee, hip and back. Furthermore, walking boots are heavy and difficult to secure properly around the leg, ankle and foot. When worn on the right leg, it is impossible to drive an automobile.
Now, there is an innovative alternative that can overcome these negative aspects of a walking boot while providing new and improved treatment effects on injured structures of the lower leg. The Richie AeroSpring Brace System® combine the proven performance of a carbon fibre ankle-foot orthosis (AFO) with a custom foot orthotic to stabilise the joints of the lower leg and speed recovery. With this new brace system, you can have the same efficacy of a walking boot without the negative effects on your comfort, gait, or ability to drive an automobile.
This brace system is designed to:
- Offload key structures in the lower leg, ankle and foot
- Restore normal walking without compensation from the knee and hip
- Facilitate healing to eventually discontinue brace use
|Advantages of the Richie AeroSpring Brace (RAB) System VS Walking Boot|
|RAB SYSTEM||WALKING BOOT|
|No-leg length discrepancy||Significant Limb Length discrepancy|
|Near normal gait||Significant gait disturbance|
|Can drive a car||Cannot drive a car|
|Minimal balance compromise||Significant Balance Comp|
|Total foot support/alignment||Zero foot support|
|Dynamic tendon loading||No dynamic tendon loading|
|No contact with ankle||Contact/pressure at ankle|
Click here to find out more on how the Richie AeroSpring Brace System differs from a traditional walking boot.
Conditions that will benefit with the use of the Richie AeroSpring Brace System®:
- Plantar heel pain syndrome (unresponsive to traditional treatment)
- Achilles tendon rupture and tendinopathy
- Sprain and/or degenerative arthritis of the midfoot joints
- Drop foot