The recommended treatment for such corns and calluses is regular debridement by a Podiatrist. With proper debridement and ongoing foot care, patients can remain comfortable for 2-3 months in between treatments.
Callus and corn treatment are especially helpful for those who have
- Difficulties managing your calluses/corns
- Pain or discomfort at the callus/corn site
- Poor skin integrity
- Medical conditions that require blood thinners
- Weakened immune system
- Poor blood circulation in the feet and legs
- Poor or impaired vision
- Mobility issues
How we do it
At Atlas Podiatry, our Podiatrists are equipped with the knowledge, experience, skills and tools to professionally remove corns and calluses, assess the cause of its formation and prevent the problem from recurring – giving you a better and longer lasting result! We are dedicated to providing quality foot care and adhere to strict infection control standards where sterile instruments are used so that there is no chance of cross contamination between patients.
What to expect during your callus/corn treatment
- Skin assessment
- Debridement (paring/removal) of corns and calluses
- Patient education on ongoing care, usage of proper foot creams, paddings and footwear to maintain good foot health and prevent recurrence of corns/calluses
- Follow up appointments will be tailored according to individual’s skin condition and their needs
Our friendly podiatrists are here to help make sure you get the right skin care treatment and advice. Contact us to find out more about our skin care services!